Rabu, 14 Januari 2009

NLP for parenting

Aku 'gak mau diatur lagi Dad...!
That's what my daughter said to me this morning when I tried to wake her up. She didn't want me to disturb her sleep everymorning.
My respond: "Wow what a shocking statement from my dearest girl". Before learning NLP I would yell at her or pinch her lips for saying such a rude word to her beloved father. What I did? I took a deep breath for a few second thinking what is the best way to reframe her way of thinking, framing is one powerful tools in NLP.
Think! Think! Think!
Aha...!
I got it...
Then I ask her what'll happen in the road when there is no traffic jam, there no policeman to put things in order.
What'll happen when there's no teacher in the school, there's no guard in public place.
Well then she start to think that in many places, in many situation there's rule that should be obeyed and there are people who make sure that the rules are working properly.
Yes in the house it is Daddy and Mommy who set up the rule and make sure that the rules is working.
Now she understand why should I wake her up in the morning, why should I ask her to do things in the house.
OK Dad what is the rule for our PETS???

2 komentar:

  1. Great work, my friend, great! Congratulations!!!

    BalasHapus
  2. thanks mate...
    I am going to update new articles about parenting, unfortunately it's written in Indonesian, hopefully I can write the english version soon.
    cheers,
    hasbi

    BalasHapus

Thanks for your comments.
May your life fill up with happiness.